Book of Mormon Lesson #31: Samuel the Lamanite
Helaman 13-14, 16; 3 Nephi 23:9-13
Goal: Read the scriptures that depict Christ’s life and mission as told by prophets. The kids will also get to practice
Supplies you need ahead of time:
- Large Lego blocks to make the wall that Samuel the Lamanite stands on. Use ones you already have or buy the ones that we did here.
- On the blocks write out the scriptures and discussion questions listed in the manual. Number them as well so your kids don’t get confused if they read them in the wrong order. Here’s a handy-dandy document that lists all of them: Scriptures and Questions for Book of Mormon Lesson 31.
- Ping pong balls or the “fiery darts” from this lesson.
How to play the game:
- Have each student take turns picking a block with a scripture written on it, and answer the question written on it. Have them go in numerical order. Each student will add their block to a wall on which our Samuel the Lamanite will sit.
- Once the class has made a block wall, have them use the extra Legos to make a Samuel the Lamanite to sit on top of the wall.
- Split the kids into archers and angels, making sure there are only one or two archers; give the archers ping pong balls. Have the angels stand by the Lego wall and Samuel. Have the archers try to hit Samuel off the wall with their ping pong balls, and the angles will bat away the balls. If the kids want to, have them switch roles.